Legendary Retail Brands (LRB) held its supplier breakfast at the Indaba Hotel in March. Chaired by Nareen Daya, the object of the breakfast was to share with suppliers LRB’s plans for each division in the group. (more…)
Tag Archives | Mica
Mica has appointed a new Managing Director. Henry Oberholster has been appointed in the position by the comany. Henry has extensive knowledge and retail experience and has already proven, beyond a doubt, that he offers great input, advice and commitment to the Mica Members, NEC, PAF and the Mica Group as a whole. DIY Trade […]
Vesa (PTY) Ltd, also known as Eurasia, ran a regional promotion with the Mica group in June in which 18 stores participated. Vesa decided to award a 100-litre compressor to the retailer that embraced the promotion through their in store display, the winner of the compressor was Witbank Mica, owned by Neels Moolman and managed […]
Chemspec and Mica proudly announced that they had reached an agreement in principal regarding the sale of the Chemspec Franchise (under the brand name “House of Paints”) to Mica Holdings LTD. The deal is effective October 1, 2011. The agreement will see both wholly owned and franchised stores continuing to trade under the House of […]
South African retailers are too focused on price and not enough emphasis is placed on quality. This is the message from Mica’s managing director, Clifford Buchler. According to Buchler, South African consumers have made a 360° turn and are tired of cheap, inferior brands. “People have bought enough cheap spades and are now demanding a […]
Mica’s managing director, Clifford Buchler, believes that the newAct will help level the playing field in the retail environment, and as a result, the company has been proactive in aligning itself with the basic core principles of the Act since early 2010. “We started to build a best practice manual specifically looking at power […]
Mica, one of South Africa’s oldest DIY retailers, has successfully implemented the agreed strategies since a member buyout in December 2009. The company now has its marketing plans in place and its continued expansion throughout South Africa has been good. “We even honoured our shareholders’ dividend commitment,” says Clifford Buchler, managing director of Mica. […]
The past weekend saw Mica hold its first conference since 2007. Mica Market 2010 was held in the heart of the Drakensberg at the picturesque resort of Champagne Sports. The event saw a record turnout from industry heavyweights and all left the conference on the Monday with a warm feeling inside. Whereas some players might […]
It has almost been too long since Mica retailers and Mica suppliers celebrated Mica Market. This, previously, landmark event returns to the DIY calendar in fine form. This year, Mica Market is held at the picturesque Champagne Sports Resort in the Drakensberg. The organisers are expecting a record attendance. DIY Trade News is also attending and will […]
Search this site
Follow us on Twitter
Follow @DIYTradeNews on Twitter
- Spray it don’t say it October 16, 2017
- Smart home security October 16, 2017
- Peugeot partner offers space and comfort October 16, 2017
- Raco reloaded October 16, 2017
- Efficiency and performance October 13, 2017
- Ruwag drill bits tested in tough terrain October 13, 2017
- Spray it don’t say it October 16, 2017
- Clariant completes super transparent pigment preparations July 24, 2017
- Resin dumping can lead to severe job losses July 24, 2017
- Heubach increases colourant capacity July 24, 2017
- New gardening products August 7, 2017
- New paint centre makes DIY better August 7, 2017
- Jan: I want to lay tiles in my house and need a laser t...
- How To Stain Your Fence In 10 Easy Steps | Vertex Sales & Marketing: [...] Wagner Products Featured in DIY Trade News [...
- Homepage: ... [Trackback]... [...] Read More: diytradenews....
- julie vergara: please what the ease way to remoove the prestik fr...
- Calpak: In my opinion the most important benefit of solar ...
- Stefan: I have a marine ply sailboat that sprung a leak. I...