TCI has lodged the application on behalf of AfriSam, Dangote Cement SA, Lafarge Industries South Africa, Natal Portland Cement Company, and PPC. Bryan Perrie, TCI managing director, says imported cement is undercutting the industry by at least 45%. When this is combined with unprecedented low levels of demand due to slowed economic growth, the industry is facing […]
Tag Archives | Cement
By simply purchasing Sephaku cement, taking a photo of the receipt and uploading it to the website, (rural areas could do manual entries) consumers stood a chance of winning one of five R20 000 vouchers monthly from the store where they made their purchase – a total giveaway of R 400 000 over the promotion […]
Kwikbuild Cement launched its Kwiktile Adhesive range in early 2016 and over the past year managed to establish itself in the market with much success. (more…)
PPC, one of South Africa’s biggest cement makers needs to rebuild credibility with investors after it was forced to raise R4 billion in a rights offer earlier in 2016 to service debt. CEO Darryll Castle said 2017 will determine the company’s future after the share price almost halved in 2016. (more…)
In recent years the use of readymix concrete on large scale building and construction sites has grown to more than 50% and the trend is continuing. (more…)
AfriSam honoured its top suppliers at the 8th annual Suppliers’ Awards, an event which has become the highlight of the industry to those who provide an excellent service to the company throughout the year. Suppliers play a critical role in AfriSam’s business and are seen more as strategic business partners in the company’s long-term […]
The November 2013 United Nations climate change conference identified human actions as the dominant cause of global warming and highlighted an urgent need to reduce carbon emissions by at least 4% per annum in order to stay within the global carbon budget and prevent further harm to the environment. Alongside other major industrial sectors, […]
Sephaku Cement recently celebrated its first grouping of new artisans, trained through an Artisan Development Programme that is facilitated and fully sponsored by the company. “Any of those from our first group of qualified artisans, born and bred in the communities surrounding our plants will be an asset to their employer,” says Pieter Fourie, Sephaku […]
As an integral part of the Lichtenburg community for over 13 years, Lafarge is keenly aware of the importance of education in helping to break the poverty cycle and creating opportunities for the community. Established in 2007 following BBEEE transaction with Sinako, the Lafarge Education Trust has, to date, spent over R11 642 891 […]
Part of the Mapei Dynamon SP system, the newly introduced Dynamon SP1 admixture is a superplasticiser based on modified acrylic polymer for precast concrete. The features that make this admixture unique are the low water-cement ratio and the extremely high mechanical strengths achievable at early and final ages. Dynamon SP is a system based on […]
South Africa’s leading supplier of fly ash, Ash Resources, will next year be moving to new corporate offices in Longmeadow Business Estate. The company, currently based in Randburg, will from January 24 next year operate from a separate wing in a building owned by one of its shareholders, Lafarge. Ash Resources MD, Graeme Smith, says […]
Pretoria Portland Cement, in conjunction with the Association of the Arts Pretoria, invites all interested participants to submit entries to the PPC Young Concrete Sculptor Awards Competition before 29 September 2010. Photographic entries of up to two sculptures may be submitted. Participants must be eighteen years of age or older and young in the art of sculpting […]
One of South Africa’s pioneering owner-driver schemes is celebrating its 30th anniversary and the fact that it has put wheels under hundreds of drivers who it has supported with financial assistance of more than R38 million. “The Lafarge South Africa lorry owner driver (LOD) scheme launched in the 1980s and began with “a single driver, […]
Search this site
Follow us on Twitter
Follow @DIYTradeNews on Twitter
- The birth of a champ November 13, 2019
- Nature proof roofing November 13, 2019
- Stimulating the economy through local procurement November 13, 2019
- Lasher, a tool company for the people November 13, 2019
- Cement producers apply for protection against imports October 10, 2019
- First Cut extends its range October 10, 2019
- The birth of a champ November 13, 2019
- Sourcing fair returns September 16, 2019
- Permoseal celebrates 70 years of success September 16, 2019
- Preparing your staff for a price increase September 16, 2019
- Aerosol spray paint with questionable lead levels dumped in SA September 16, 2019
- DIY Sept 2019 September 17, 2019
- Jan: I want to lay tiles in my house and need a laser t...
- How To Stain Your Fence In 10 Easy Steps | Vertex Sales & Marketing: [...] Wagner Products Featured in DIY Trade News [...
- Homepage: ... [Trackback]... [...] Read More: diytradenews....
- julie vergara: please what the ease way to remoove the prestik fr...
- Calpak: In my opinion the most important benefit of solar ...
- Stefan: I have a marine ply sailboat that sprung a leak. I...