For the last seven years Michael was Skills Development Facilitator and Project Coordinator for the non-profitmaking organisation, Deaf South Africa.
He was in responsible for the development of skills, training materials and management, project management, and implementation of skills planning and audits for various Skills Educations Training Authorities (SETAs). He was also employed by the Services SETA as well as the Energy SETA during his career.
Michael’s role at SAPITI includes:
- Facilitating skills development
- Project planning
- Recruitment of trainees, particularly in rural areas
- Liaison with trainees, member companies and training facilitators
- Interaction with Government and other education and training institutions
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the SAPITI SETA, the Chemical Industries Education and Training Authority (CHIETA)
- Promoting all SAPITI training programmes and skills development to the coatings industry