In response to hardware retailers’ request for more user-friendly flooring products, a.b.e. Construction Chemicals – part of the Chryso Southern Africa Group – has re-launched two products which have proved hugely successful in the construction industry particularly for the DIY market.
Elrene Smuths, a.b.e.’s Product Manager: Retail, says abe.cote 337 tough epoxy paint, and abe.cote clear polyurethane coating, are now packaged in bright, attractive containers ideally suited to hardware store shelves. “With environmental concerns increasing among home-improvers, it is important to note both products are water-based and therefore less harmful to the environment than equivalent solvent-based systems,” Smuts states.
Some of the many benefits of abe.cote 337 tough epoxy paint include:
• Economical, maximum square metre per Rand coverage;
• Easy to apply by roller;
• 11 new decorative colours, more than available on the market currently;
• May be applied to damp surfaces;
• Protects and decorates floors and walls; and
• Unmatched track record in the construction industry.
Abe.cote clear polyurethane coatings offers benefits like:
• Ultra-durable, semi-matt finish coating;
• Top coat for sealing/maintaining polyurethane and epoxy coatings, as well as porous substrates like concrete, screeds, natural stone tiles, paving, wooden floors and furniture;
• Can be used indoors and outdoors, good UV-resistance. The product enhances abe.cote 337 performance outdoors;
• Strong resistance to solvents, chemicals, water, alcohols, salt solutions as well as petrol, asphalt solvents, solutions of acid and alkalis;
• Excellent scratch and stain resistance;
• Easy to clean;
• Competitive price, value for money, excellent coverage; and
• DIY-friendly, easy to apply by roller.
For further information, phone 011 306 9000 or visit www.abe.co.za