Engagement and experience are two keywords in today’s retail scene, but that is until we are ready to pay and then we need a quick and efficient process. For some the ideal world would be to simply walk out of the store and not have to cope with the checkout line. (more…)
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
As Paul Gillin stated, “Transparency may be the most disruptive and far-reaching innovation to come out of social media.” Social media has forever changed the way people communicate with each other, media and brands. The marketing and customer service potential is huge, but as with any medium it is of utmost importance to have a strong […]
Sephaku Cement recently celebrated its first grouping of new artisans, trained through an Artisan Development Programme that is facilitated and fully sponsored by the company. “Any of those from our first group of qualified artisans, born and bred in the communities surrounding our plants will be an asset to their employer,” says Pieter Fourie, Sephaku […]
ChemSpec has been one of the South Africa’s paint category’s best kept secrets. Despite it having manufactured high quality automotive, industrial, decorative and performance coatings for 56 years, the company is largely unknown to the general public. This happens to be a common scenario amongst companies that service industrial sectors, where the business to business […]
Prasad Akundi of Uniresins is the SA Paint Manufacturing Association (SAPMA) Student of the Year for 2012. Akundi received his accolades when SAPMA and its training arm, the SA Paint Industry Training Institute (SAPITI), presented national awards to successful Gauteng students at a function in Alberton recently. In addition to his SAPMA Student […]
In response to hardware retailers’ request for more user-friendly flooring products, a.b.e. Construction Chemicals – part of the Chryso Southern Africa Group – has re-launched two products which have proved hugely successful in the construction industry particularly for the DIY market. Elrene Smuths, a.b.e.’s Product Manager: Retail, says abe.cote 337 tough epoxy paint, and abe.cote […]
The letter below was sent from the Witwatersrand Woodworkers Association after it received a generous donation. ATTENTION: Jorge Diaz Newco Power Tools (Pty) Ltd Postnet Suite 107 Private Bage X65 Halfway House 1685 Donation Dear Jorge, We at the Witwatersrand Woodworkers Association would like to thank you for your donation to […]
BMG, which supports Protec – a national non-profit technological career development programme for senior school students – celebrated Protec Tongaat’s 20 anniversary in Maidstone recently. “BMG is very proud to support this education programme that focuses on science, engineering and technology, to help learners enter the workplace with confidence and credibility,” says Veronique Bezuidenhout, […]
ALCOLIN PERMO PLASTER is the ultimate priming, bonding and keying agent – for all building sites. It enhances adhesion properties, water resistance and flexural strength, thereby improving performance and durability. Waterbased and non-toxic, versatile and water resistant, it remains permanently flexible and dries to a clear film. Applications: • Bonding sand-cement plaster, gypsum plaster, […]
At the recently held Essential Hardware Group’s AGM, the company honoured some of its top members and suppliers. In the June issue of DIY Trade News we showcased some of the exciting and busy stands from the Essential Hardware Trade Day. A highlight from the event was the announcement of the winners of prestigious awards. […]
Builder’s Warehouse hosted its second annual trade fair, in leading the way to building better customer relationships and showcasing new and innovative products from over 30 acknowledged suppliers. The Builder’s Warehouse stores from Strubensvalley, Fourways, Rivonia and Northriding hosted the evening in early June. Each store nominated its favourite charity to receive a donation […]
Search this site
Follow us on Twitter
Follow @DIYTradeNews on Twitter
- A growing family February 7, 2019
- Essential Group announces major changes February 7, 2019
- Strong R&D puts Pratley in pole position for 2019 February 7, 2019
- Soldering on February 7, 2019
- Key manufacturing trends for 2019 February 4, 2019
- Mrs SAPMA to depart after two decades February 4, 2019
- A growing family February 7, 2019
- A bolder, brighter, better Build it December 5, 2018
- Olympic Paints performs well at The Gold Pack Awards December 5, 2018
- Second best is not an option December 5, 2018
- Retail Outlook 2019 January 7, 2019
- Trevor Manuel promises a new dawn at EST breakfast January 7, 2019
- Jan: I want to lay tiles in my house and need a laser t...
- How To Stain Your Fence In 10 Easy Steps | Vertex Sales & Marketing: [...] Wagner Products Featured in DIY Trade News [...
- Homepage: ... [Trackback]... [...] Read More: diytradenews....
- julie vergara: please what the ease way to remoove the prestik fr...
- Calpak: In my opinion the most important benefit of solar ...
- Stefan: I have a marine ply sailboat that sprung a leak. I...